A URL shortener is an online service that lets you generate shorter links to the webpages (and also customized ones) for easy sharing and bookmarking.
Shortening URLs isn't new; since it started back in 1999, TinyURL has been used by millions of people. But these days, there are many more services like Bitly, Goo.gl etc., which offer comprehensive solutions for marketers and other users alike. Some of them are completely free while others come with premium packages. So, the question here is how do you decide? Will a free plan suffice or do you need to shell out money? What's important is how much value your business needs from this tool!
Title: The Ideal Plan For Your Business Needs
The ideal plan for your business needs certainly depends on various factors. Let’s take a look at these before giving you our top recommendations.
1) Pay attention to features: As mentioned above, there are many free URL shortener tools that offer almost all the functions that any marketing firm could require. On the other hand, paid versions come with advanced features like customized URLs etc. So, if you have in-depth expectations, you should definitely go for premium plans. 2) Maintenance costs: All of these services may be free to use but they do not come without certain limitations or restrictions. Some of them can put a huge workload on your server because sometimes they demand peak traffic when it comes to publishing links online etc. So, if you are looking for a free service that is simple to use and maintain, don't go for the most complicated tool. A good idea would be to choose from those that have been offering several variations of their premium plans with exclusive tools etc. 3) Storage space: If you want unlimited links under one account, then paid services can certainly come handier as they offer storage solutions even after you have hit the limit of creating URLs on a free plan. Whether it's Google Analytics or Google Merchant Center – both need domain verification but linking a subdomain works just fine!
4) Advertisements: Although most users may hate ads on websites, there is nothing wrong with them when they appear in an extension window. You view webpages through extensions and they are not intrusive. The only problem with ads is that some of them may redirect you to spam sites or even the download links for malicious software. So, if you have paid plans, you can avoid being redirected to third-party sites and save yourself from malware infections.
5) Customer support: Another important factor that every business needs to look into before making a final decision is customer care service. You should be able to get in touch with the representative team easily when it comes to getting your queries resolved quickly etc. If free services offer sufficient guidance on how to use their tool, then premium plans make sure that your questions are addressed quickly through live chat or email communication etc.
Top Blog Posts
- Best URL Shortener: Why You Should Shorten Your Links 7 months ago
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 10 months ago
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 11 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 11 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 11 months ago