What’s better than a large, organic backlink profile? The answer: multiple, shortened URLs across the web pointing to your blog posts and pages. Using a link shortening service improves your SEO because it enhances the link building process and provides you with more opportunities to attract visitors and build relationships.
Like all links, shortened URLs count as backlinks, which means they influence search engine rankings by improving domain authority and site authority; however, they also provide an additional benefit – redirecting your users to specific webpages on your website. Link shorteners designed for social media marketing create shorter versions of the URL so that it displays perfectly on Twitter or Facebook. With thousands of people sharing these links daily through various social media accounts, those shortened versions of the URL also count as backlinks.
But, not all link shorteners are created equally. Some link shorteners work better than others in terms of generating organic traffic and improving SEO. Let’s take a look at one of today’s most popular tools for creating shortened URLs: Ow.ly from Hootsuite. An analysis of the tool shows that more people have been using it, because more clicks on these links have been taking place over time – meaning, this is one tool that works well to create backlinks and improve your SEO . More importantly, rich media sharing through these shortened URLs has made it possible for Hootsuite to earn a high degree of social engagement with users who share content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ via Ow.ly.
As you can see from the graph below, an incredible number of users have been clicking on shortened URLs from this link shortening service – meaning you can use them to generate traffic to your website through social media marketing campaigns:
Now that we’ve seen how one link shortener is being used successfully as a means to build backlinks and improve SEO , let’s talk about why you should use a link shortener in your own efforts to boost organic traffic and increase awareness of your brand online .
If you run a blog or a company site, here are some compelling reasons for using a link shortener:
- Link shorteners allow users who don’t have time to read your article to easily share it with others.
- When you post links on social media, the link shortener allows readers to see what that page or blog is about without having to click through first.
- It’s easier for users to remember shorter links than long ones.
- Using a link shortener makes it easy for visitors to share your content immediately by clicking through and sending out a tweet or posting something on Facebook – which means backlinks are generated automatically!
There’s one main thing about using a link shortening service like Ow.ly: make sure you do so only after creating unique, interesting content for your blog . Your ultimate goal should be generating traffic from who want to read what you’ve written, not just using it as a quick way to get backlinks.
For more information on how choosing the right link shortener can help you earn high levels of engagement and build links that improve your SEO , read the full article at http://goo.gl/1fk5r .
Summary: Successful links are links that lead directly to content or resources that users want to see. How do you make sure people click on your links instead of someone else's? That's where Ow.ly comes in handy for bloggers and business owners alike; because when people use Ow.ly, they don't have to go through URL shortening services like bit.ly or goo.gl before getting to their content, and users get to share your content quickly and easily through social media.
If you want meaningful traffic for your blog or website, use Ow.ly from Hootsuite to create short, effective links that help you rank higher in search engine results and improve SEO . For more information on the benefits of using such a link shortener, simply go to https://www.matchurl.com/ .
Top Blog Posts
- Best URL Shortener: Why You Should Shorten Your Links 1 years ago
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 2 years ago
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 2 years ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 2 years ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 2 years ago