Shortening links has become a common practice for webmasters. There are several services out there that allow you to shorten long URLs into shorter ones. Some of them even offer free accounts. Which service should you choose?
There are two main types of URL shorteners: those that require registration and those that don’t. The former usually charge a fee per shortened link, whereas the latter usually provide unlimited free links.
URL shorteners are useful tools for SEO purposes. They allow you to create unique, memorable, and user-friendly links without having to worry about the length or format of the original URL. In addition, they also help you increase traffic to your site.
The following list shows some of the best URL shortening services available online today:
1) bit.ly – This is one of the most popular URL shortening services in existence. It offers an easy-to-use interface, as well as a wide range of features including custom domains, analytics, stats, and more. You can use it on any website and get up to 100 free short links every month.
2) tinyurl.com – TinyURL is another popular URL shortening tool. It allows you to create custom domain names, track statistics, and generate reports. However, it doesn’t have the same level of popularity as Bit.ly.
3) goo.gl – Goo.gl is a Google-owned URL shortener that lets you create custom domains. It provides all the basic features you need to make your own URL shortener, such as tracking statistics, analytics, and reporting.
4) j.mp – J.mp is a simple but powerful URL shortener. It supports multiple languages, custom domains, and a variety of other features.
5) ow.ly – Ow.ly is another Google-owned URL shortening service. It allows you to customize your URL using different parameters.
6) pl.ckr – Pl.ckr is a very simple URL shortener. It only requires a username and password to register. Once registered, you can start creating links with no limits.
7) t.co – t.co is a Twitter-owned URL shortener. It allows you to add custom domains and track statistics.
8) twitlonger.com – TwitLonger is a Twitter-owned service that allows you to create custom domains and track statistics for each link.
9) vk.com/url – VK.com is a Russian social network. It provides a URL shortening feature that works similar to bit.ly.
10) y.li – Y.Li is a Chinese URL shortener that allows you to create customized domains. It also supports multiple languages and a variety of other advanced features.
11) x.la – X.La is a URL shortener from China. It allows you to easily create custom domains and track stats.
12) zh.tl – Zh.tl is a URL shortener based in China. It supports multiple languages and a wide range of advanced features.
13) zy.kr –
Last Edited May 28, 2018 by Garenne Bigby in Search Engine Optimization Have you ever tried to post a URL to a social media site or elsewhere and were frustrated by how long the link was? This is where a URL shortener would be helpful. There are different URL shortener tools out there on the internet to do this for you automatically, but it might not be easy to figure out which one is best. Here is a list of the top 14 URL shorteners online that you may find helpful. When using any online tool, it is important that you find the one that is right for you.
What is a URL shortener?
Links can be long, complicated, and difficult to track. A URL shortener is a tool that can take your link and make it your own by using your brand. Many URL shorteners can also give you information about who is clicking on your links and why. Keeping track of this information is one way to increase the visitors to your site.
What are the benefits of a URL shortener?
You might be thinking that shortening your URL is an extra step, but it is an important one. URL shorteners are beneficial because they can make a link more visually appealing, it allows you to show off your brand, and shortened links will fit in places where you have a limited number of characters to use. Take Twitter, for example. Even though 280 characters are allowed now, that is still not a lot of spaces when you have more to say.
Using a URL shortener can also help users to feel more comfortable clicking. Sometimes links can be spam, but with shorteners, your users will be familiar with your brand. With shortened links, you may even get more clicks.
Top 14 URL Shortener Tools Bitly Bitly is one of the most popular shortener tools out there on the internet. While you may not know it, links can have an impact on customer experience. It can help make that experience great. Not only can it create shorter links, but the service can also help to optimize the brand of the company and keep track of link analytics. Whether you are looking to shorten links for social media or mobile apps, Bitly can help to make sure the links being used make a positive impact on customers by ensuring that they work properly, so the user gets where they need to go.
Bitly is a service that has been trusted by major companies such as McDonald's, Dunkin' Donuts and GE. You can create a free account by logging in with a Gmail account, Facebook or Twitter. If you are looking for more, you can contact Bitly to learn more about their customer service to look at options.
Goo.gl is another URL shortener that can be used to quickly get a shortened link. By having a Google account, you can go to the app and copy and paste the link you would like shortened. Goo.gl also offers tracking and analytics services, but beware that the information is available publicly online. Once you submit the link to be shortened, the information will pop up on the bottom of your screen. This is a neat way to see all the shortened links in one place in a list. This can be helpful to keep track of the links you have shortened.
Goo.gl also offers the opportunity for you to learn from the information you have gathered from the analytics feature. By learning about who is clicking on your links, you can understand what your audience needs from you for your next post. Unfortunately, Goo.gl will be disabled in March of 2019, but links will still go to their destination.
Top Blog Posts
- Best URL Shortener: Why You Should Shorten Your Links 7 months ago
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 10 months ago
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 11 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 11 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 11 months ago